Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The last 10 days

Well its not exactly wise to have my first blog bout the last 10 days of my stint with college lyf......but couldn't help it.....:)

To begin with I had no plans or intentions ever to be an engineering graduate.The day i was old enough to decide on my profession, medicine was the only line I could picture myself in. My father being a doc and my role model, this was but natural for me. But fate had quite different plans for me. And 4 years down the line, "here I am". An electrical engineer from NIT Durgapur. And the tip of the iceberg is that now I am going to join XLRI for the PMIR course and wil finally be an HR guy. Its like I started my journey for US but instead reached Australia. It couldn't have been more in contrast to my initial inspirations. But never the less, I have no regrets whatsoever.

But what this destined swap of my career led to was that I could never put my soul into engineering despite trying pretty seriously to do so and giving it more than a single chance. It never appealed to me. I was at a good government institute where people really want to get into but somehow or the other I couldn't motivate myself to love engineering. So now though I almost have a degree (still the end terms to go....:(....:X), I have absolutely no concept of engg....none at all. So, I am damn happy that I got into XLRI and can now pursue something I am really interested in. I desperately needed this break.

Well I c I have completely lost the track of my post. It has no sync at all wid the topic I had chosen for it. So getting back to that. Well, I mayn't be an ardent lover of engineering as a profession but I luvd every bit of the 4 yrs of college life. These 4 years have taught me much more than academics. I have learnt the meaning of friendship, learnt wat it means to share, wat is companionship, how to take the good as well as the bad things in ur stride,to take risks, to enjoy every moment u hav n to love life....:)

N leavin this all in the next 10 days isn't goin to be an easy task......i will miss the afturnun nap, the masala maggi at jhuups, the everlastin bakar and discussions ranging on topics from politics to sports to the most obvious one - girls and whatnot, the grudges on profs, the plans for weekends, the movie sessions, the stints at night jhuups at 3 in the morning, the electrical get togethers, the 29 adda, scuffling for a piece of anything edible, the treats n the demands for it, the b'day GPLs, watching n playing cricket together.......phew the list is endless n i knw ur tym is precious......i hope u hav got the essence of wat i mean to say.....:)

So plannin out my nxt 10 days is gonna be an arduous task........wat wid xams startin frm monday......still wil try to soak in it till the last moment......and hope its memories will b strong nough to last a lyftime.....wish i had 10 more days (had it bn thn i wld hav wished to hav 10 more agn).......!!

14 comments:

  1. one of those rare blogs from an nitdian where the english is impeccable.. :) nice start sam but next tym use the blog as a graffiti to share some of the incidents/secrets of college days.. :) just a suggestion ;) \m/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @naveen.....thnx a lot....ya i sure wil....suggestion valued n accepted...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you rock sam U are one of the few in our college who will remembered long after you have left....:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @abhineet.....thnx a lot paaji....u r a gr8 guy whom i truly admire fr ur sheer willpower n guts....wish u all the success u deserve

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi sam.! Gud to c sm1 like u setting up a blog...ud b interesting to knoe a 'topper's' view of seeing things..:p

    ReplyDelete
  6. That, I should say, was a great flow of feeling and emotions... !! Simply Awesome .... maybe even take a break from XLRI and start a career venture as a writer/author :P :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @praveen....thnx buddy....wil giv a serious thought to ur suggestion....who knws, mayb evn i turn out to b as lucky as chetan bhagat...:P
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. gr8 gr8 blog from a gr8 gr8 BOY!!!
    :)
    we all miss clg life these 4 year renovation of our life!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @dhruv.....thnk u sir...glad u liked it

    ReplyDelete
  10. A nice summary of wat has really been an unforgetable college life......a thing i wud hav wanted u to add was the job tr8s which brought smile to everyone's face except the host.......ha ha .....and then offcourse the masti daroo tr8s at nite......the all nite dancing and the unbound ecstacy........

    ReplyDelete
  11. @chaap....ya i missd those points....the job trts were real killers (read host)...:P

    n the invincible daroo parties(wil hv a post on them sun)....man those were sum days...:)

    ReplyDelete