Sunday, June 6, 2010

Differentiating dull and dumb

I am sure all of u myt hav come across specimens from both the groups of people that I am going to describe very specifically in the rest of the article. There's a pretty thin line but a really significant one differentiating the 2. U r tolerable if u happen to be on the ryt syd of the line. But an inch into the wrong one n u wil b a gonner.
Actually the inspiration for this article happened to be the driver of a vehicle we had hired very recently for a trip to Siliguri. I had no doubts in ascertaining his category n no points for guessing which one it turned out to b. A dull person takes time in understanding things but eventually he gets it. The problems wid dumbos is tht they just dun wanna giv a shot to the process called understanding. What happens is that finally u wanna hit ur head on a wall n die rather than try making things comprehensible for that person. N this is wat happened on the trip wid me. The worst one was wen he almost drove us to Naxalbari on our way back, inspite of our repeated warnings to en-quire bout the ryt way coz he was either too adamant or blessed wid an IQ on the ryt syd of the decimal point. (Thank God we turned back at the ryt tym)Till the end of the journey he wasn't able to distinguish between ac switch n that of the music system.

Here's a list then which should help u identify 1 from the other. Hope u find it useful:

DULL:

• People who don't participate in conversations usually coz they aren't interested.
• Slow in understanding but eventually do.
• U get bored in their company.
• Harmless.

DUMB:

• People who don't participate in conversations usually coz they have absolutely no idea bout wat a conversation is.
• Understanding means??
• Being jailed is a much better option belive me.
• Should be banned.

So now u knw wat to do wen u find someone wid the symptoms mentioned in column b. RUN !!!

I know I m being rude or may b even a bit arrogant. But believe me I hav no such intentions to b either. Its just that I had been irritated beyond measures n need a vent out. So my apologies if I hav hurt anyon's sentiments.(U wer nt supposed to read this n understand it in the 1st hand if i hav.....:P :D)

A dull person is a boring company but a dumb one is infuriating. Its difficult to spend time wid a dull one but its impossible to do so wid the latter. Be warned against such species of persons n hope u dun meet one soon in ur lives. Would luv to knw sum of ur experiences so plz share if u hav any. (come on u can tell me...:P)

4 comments:

  1. @narendra, @vibhor, @soumya....thnx a lot guys....its gr8 to c tht u lykd it...do relate sum incidents if u cum to thnk of it...:)

    ReplyDelete